Saturday, January 12, 2013

My First Blog

Thank you Mike for letting me join your blog. I am not as savvy as you when working on the world wide web but look forward to our honest and heart felt dialogs.

That said, today was a great race. I got a good race in. My New Year's resolution was to run at least one race per month. I beat Mike McFreezeroo which is always a joy but is getting harder and definitely takes more time, and while talking about the race with Mike, Lou, and Pete a nice guy places a pizza right in front of us. It was a Freezeroo Trifecta!

The course was fairly flat and fast. A couple of hills but nothing that made me go into a wein whine. The weather was goofy. When was the last time a January race had temps in the 40's. I wore shorts. Not a good idea as the sun reflected off my legs and head creating a driving hazard.

Tomorrow will be fun, too because we will get together with the group for an easy long run and rehash the race like a couple of old pinochle players reviewing each hand.

First blog ever. Done. Need a nap now.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your first blog article and 1st place age group finish in the freezeroo. Contrats to Pete for his first place also. I had four good miles yesterday. Too bad it was a 6.2 mile race.

    ReplyDelete