Monday, January 24, 2011

Dream

Last night I dreamt I was in a prison, a victim of being wrongly accused and convicted of some crime. It was a two year sentence.

After a few months I escaped from an outside work detail in the late evening and ran into the nearby forest. Jan had previously left a wetsuit for me (what a good wife). I swam across Seneca Lake in the pitch black night, arriving at a small park on the far shore.

There was a bike hidden among the trees (Jan again) and a change of clothes. I kept the wetsuit (they cost too much to toss away, plus couldn't leave evidence of my whereabouts). I began riding, still in the dark, hoping I didn't get run over or have a policeman stop me.

After 20 miles (which I completed in less than an hour!) I came to a small convenience store where Jan was waiting. We put the bike in the back of the van and took off, heading for Pennsylvania. We got on I-80 and kept going. With years of experience driving without sleep during many family vacations, this segment of the escape was easy. We merged on I-90 and kept going till we got to our new home, in the rural part of Wyoming. I don't think there is any part of Wyoming that isn't rural.

After many months of hiding out I was found not guilty, sued NY state and retired with much money.

Does this dream mean I should or shouldn't do another triathlon?

1 comment: