Thursday, January 6, 2011

Das Boot

Quick, ten things you can say about boots;

1. What happened to John, oh, management gave him the Boot.
2. Why, I should kick you in the behind with my Boot.
3. These Boots were made for walkin'.
4. Look at him Boot that ball. (football punter)
5. Boots, isn't he that guy who works for Fleet Feet?
6. He died with his Boots on.
7. He pulled himself up by his Bootstraps.
8. "They would not be smart enough to pour piss out of their Boots, if the instructions were written on the sole” (Garrison Keillor)
9. “A lie can be halfway round the world before the truth has got its Boots on.”
10. How many Boots do we have on the ground? (military troops)

Why all the Boot writing? Well, EW has a plantar fascia injury that won't go away and has been ordered to wear a boot to immobilize her foot/ankle. Also, I injured my Achilles Tendon and Jan has finally convinced me, after 5 days, that I need to wear her boot from previous injuries/surgeries she has suffered through. Jan promises me if I wear this for two weeks the tendon will heal.

I do not like wearing this. I am not a good injured runner. I get grumpy, more than my normal demeanor of grumpiness. I can't even bike, that hurt more than running. I can't do lower body weight exercises, so I concentrate on the upper half. I can swim without aggravating the tendon.

But I really like to run.

2 comments:

  1. You realize Das Boot is about a submarine? Maybe the extra compression would help

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and maybe. I'd be so worried about being underwater I'd forget about wearing a boot.

    ReplyDelete