Friday, September 10, 2010

Muffin Top

Cute name, right?
Or maybe it's the name of a new bakery, ala Elaine from a Seinfeld episode? "Elaine: Oh yeah. It's the best part. It's crunchy, it's explosive, it's where the muffin breaks free of the pan and sort of does it's own thing. I'll tell you. That's a million dollar idea right there. Just sell the tops."

Actually Muffin Top is what Jan is calling my belly, because apparently I've put on a few pounds and am now shaped like a muffin top. This is not a complement. A zipper broke on a pair of my Dockers last week. For awhile I thought this was a defective pair of pants, but now I'm wondering, was it my muffin top belly breaking free and doing it's own thing, stretching the pants beyond limits?

Since I'm not opening a bakery anytime soon, I guess the cookie consumption has to drop, the alcohol cut to 2 or 3 days a week and the running mileage boosted upwards. Who knows, maybe I'll actually be able to run fast again.

2 comments:

  1. Is that why you're not swimming tonight?

    ReplyDelete
  2. herleLunch = nonfat yogurt with berries fresh or frozen blueberries, strawberries a spoonful of honey. No muffins.

    ReplyDelete