Monday, June 13, 2016

The perfect diet plan I outlined in an earlier blog post seems to have hit a plateau. The last four weeks I have maintained my weight while I really wanted to continue losing a pound a week. The only time I really dipped was after an 8 mile warm and humid run that dehydrated me. That really doesn't count as a weight loss.

One of the bigger problems may be the alcohol. This makes me sad. Not the drinking, I like to have a glass (or two) of wine, bourbon, Scotch, beer, (watch video) rum or Southern Comfort when cooking and eating dinner. But I think it adds unnecessary calories and a bloating feeling the next morning.

Now I have to make an adjustment to my food intake, or run, bike, swim or lift weights more. On Sunday Jan and I did a track workout and then swam 1.5 miles in Canandaigua Lake with a couple of friends. Today I woke up early to lift weights and tonight I will bike or run. Maybe there will even have to be a couple of days of week no alcohol, but that seems extreme.  


No comments:

Post a Comment