Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Eat Like a Rabbit

It seems like every celebrity or want-to-be celebrity has a diet and/or cookbook out now. Even Cameron Diaz has a new book, "The Body Book", in which she states "Personally, I love the gym. I love being around people who are sweaty and pushing themselves. Who are all focused on the same goals. I love being in a group like that."
Maybe she'll run on the canal path with Sals?
 
Probably not. Instead I have begun my Eat Like a Rabbit diet. Around our suburban home is a virtual cornucopia of animals. We have rabbits jumping everywhere, eating the grass and garden plants. Squirrels are in abundant supply, stupid little ratlike creatures people think are cute. They are a nuisance, digging holes everywhere looking for lost nuts. Eating any bulb I plant. Running along the wires and rooftops. Then we have birds, which are okay except for the crows that come out on garbage day caw-cawing most of the morning.
How do crows know Tuesday is garbage pickup day?
 
After watching some of these animals I have come up with my own diet plan;
1. Like a rabbit, eat often and in small portions.
2. Eat more green vegetables, especially the fresh, organic homegrown varieties, like when the rabbits eat my plants.
3. Keep a supply of good food in the house to snack on, instead of junk food, but unlike a squirrel remember where you put it.
4. Cook enough to have high quality leftovers, thereby saving on food costs. Obviously crows don't mind leftover food and neither should we.
5. Keep exercising, endlessly. Watch the squirrels, do you ever see one sleeping? No. They are running along wires, jumping from trees, scampering across the lawn. We need to do the same (not running on electrical wires, that would be insane).
 
That's it, five simple steps to diet success. I guess there won't be a Sals 200 page diet book coming out anytime soon.



3 comments:

  1. If we put your picture on the cover in your tri shorts we'll sell plenty of copies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I've seen some squirrels eating potato chips and an occasional whoopie pie - just saying...

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I do have pretty hot legs for an old guy.
    2. Whoopie pie? I don't think they make those anymore. Chips? Squirrels would have to fight Jan for those!

    ReplyDelete