Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Should I Race or Should I Go?

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Lots of food, football and this year my daughter, son-in-law and 1 yr. old granddaughter will be with us in Spencerport, flying from Portland, Oregon. My oldest daughter flies in Friday night from Alabama, so the clan will all be together, which doesn't happen much anymore.

Tradition also has it that Jan and I run the Race with Grace 10k on Thursday morning. I have run the race 18/21 times, missing it for a trip to Disney, a winter storm and the birth of Ellowyn(grandchild). Last night a winter storm hit the east coast, giving the Rochester, NY area around 8 inches of wet, heavy snow and making traveling a hassle. At 9:20am tomorrow the Portland crew arrives after flying all night, first landing in Newark, NJ, then on to Rochester. The RWG begins at 9am.

Jan has already said she is skipping the race to meet them at the airport. I have permission to race, since I would be home shortly after 10am, probably around the same time as the Portland crew. But is running a race the right thing to do? This classic song by "The Clash" seemed to fit into my thought process, though they are talking about a slightly different relationship issue. (you can click off the ads in the video)

No comments:

Post a Comment