Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thoughts on the Common Cold



I am not a “good” sick person, at least at home. I whine, moan, make Jan get my medicine and water while I lay on the couch huddled under a blanket with the electric heater making the room 80 degrees. Despite rumors to the contrary, I am able to still use the remote control quite well.

Ten Things about a cold;


  1. My three month emergency supply of Puffs tissues ran out in four days.
  2. The cold medicine coupons I cut out of the paper expired a week ago.
  3. My 28 day streak of exercising ended.
  4. Coming home from work and having hot tea with honey is soothing.
  5. I make loud noises blowing my nose which disgusts me and probably anyone within earshot.
  6. I no longer feel like a runner after having to take 3 days off.
  7. For some reason I’m eating like a horse even though my taste buds are basically shot.
  8. Last week I thought how great it was I hadn’t been sick in a year and how amazingly healthy I was for someone of my advanced age, even though everyone around me seemed ill.
  9. Jan doesn't think me sleeping with tissues stuck out of my nose to prevent dripping is sexy.
  10. It’s good practice for being on an airplane when I sleep sitting up hoping I can breathe through my nose a little. 
Maybe a shot of Bourbon tonight will clear everything up?

1 comment: