Sunday, June 16, 2013

Who Wudda Thunk

Congrats to the Sals Team for a nice showing at the Medved 5K this morning. Mike McWholethebearout and I have been doing some speed work at the track on Tuesday nights again. Our speed work has not been spectacular but we were putting in some effort and running together always results in a harder workout than if we were alone. When I do a 1/4 with Mike on the track it is a hard effort. When alone I start out hard, invent some sort of impending ailment, notice that a cloud looks like Kentucky, and wonder what's for dinner. And that's when doing a 200! Anything longer I start planning the weekend and finish with solid 9 min. pace. Rests are better measured with a calendar. So once again, we rediscover that a few hard efforts over a few weeks results in faster race times. We both raced to our goal times. A good start for the summer racing season. Eileen and my daughter Meg also ran well. Meg and I were 2nd in the Father/Daughter division. Meg is looking for a faster father. Maybe one with good hair.

1 comment:

  1. Good race report. Love the Medved 5k at Frontier Field and finishing at home plate. I guess to be a Weinpress racing you have to finish with an 8? 21:38, 24:48, 25:38?

    ReplyDelete