Monday, November 5, 2012

Take It Easy - marathon theme song?

Adapted from Jackson Browne hit, "Take It Easy". (actual song begins at 2 minute mark).

Well I'm a-running down the road trying to loosen my load

I've got twenty-six miles on my mind
Four with too many hills, five into the wind
Two across a bridge that makes me whine.

Take it easy, take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own feet drive you crazy
Lighten up while you still can
Don't even try to understand
Why you run marathons over and over, so take it easy.

Well I'm a-nearin’ the corner in Crystal City
With such a fine sight to see
It's the mile 23 sign, my lord,
Starin’ back at me.
Come on quads, don't say maybe
I've got to know if you’re goin’ to cramp and scream
We may run slow or we may win
But we will never be here at MCM again
So c’mon legs just let me get back to Rosslyn.

Well I'm a-runnin’ mile twenty-five trying to loosen my load
Got a world of trouble on my mind
Lookin' for motivation to keep on goin’
But it’s just a little hard to find
Take it easy, take it easy
Don't let the sound of your own feet drive you crazy
Come on quads, don’t say maybe
I gotta get up the hill to finish and see my baby.

You know we got it easy
We oughta take it easy

No comments:

Post a Comment