Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pancakes

Light, fluffy, covered in real butter and syrup, now that is good eating! Pancakes are good for breakfast, lunch or dinner. They can be rolled with a sausage link in the middle, smothered in strawberries or blueberries, stuffed with chocolate chips and/or walnuts, flavored with vanilla and leftovers stored in the fridge to be quickly reheated later.

I am no longer waffling on competing at the Tupper Lake Tinman half-ironman on June 30th. Jan and I mailed in our entries Sunday. For the privilege of registering online we could have paid another $6.50 each, which I declined to do. Really, a $6.50 service charge, are you kidding me? I'm doing the race organization a favor, reducing paperwork and handling and I get charged, especially that much? Ridiculous.

Okay, that's the vent. Now the training begins. The super-secret 14 week training plan starts the end of March, but biking, running and swimming are happening now. Rumors are that Lou and Mike have sent in entries and Eileen is doing the Olympic distance. It should be fun!

2 comments:

  1. I will be sending my comment through the US mail. LK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snail mail for me. $13+ will pay a good chunk of my celebratory Little Italy pizza Saturday night. mw

    ReplyDelete