Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Horse is a Horse...Of Course


If only I could run like Mr. Ed! I love watching him slide into home plate.

Recently I've had a hankering for eating oats and a strong desire to canter in the farm fields near our home. It must be a reaction from the Horseman's Liniment my equestrian daughter recommended I use on my sore hamstring.



All you do is massage the liniment into your sore muscles four times a day, use ice after working out and heat later. I am combining this treatment with KT Tape while limiting my running to about 30 minutes a day in a desperate attempt to be able to complete the Lake Placid half-marathon race on June 12 (5 days away).

If you have any other cures for hamstring injuries please let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you finally bought the liniment! Hope it helps! The other part of the cure was resting it...swimming should be ok, but nothing (like running) that would put strain on it for a least 4 days.

    I wish when my horses roll (they don't usually slide as well as Mr. Ed), they would still be sparkling clean when they stood like him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As far as Dodgers appearances on TV sitcoms, this is second only to Don Drysdale meets the Bradys.

    Is it still a "hamstring" on a horse?

    ReplyDelete