Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Mindless Ramblings

Predictions:
An American male will not win Boston this year (big surprise, though Ryan and Meb will make a race out of it and finish in the top ten).
A male Kenyan (Elijah Keitany-pr 2:06) will win. I just like the name Elijah.
Madai Perez (pr 2:22) will win the female division. There are no elite American women racing.
New Roger will win the Sals division, followed closely by LanceIlovehelicopters, Mike May and Andy.

Congratulations to: "Joan Benoit Samuelson, 52, the 1984 Olympic marathon gold medalist, ran 60:52 to finish 18th in her first Cherry Blossom race. She beat all 40-year-olds and set a U.S. age-group record for 10 miles, shattering the mark of 62:01 set by S. Rae Baymiller in 1994." Washington Post. Jan and I ran the the Cherry Blossom race two years ago. It is a great race.

Why do the rudest drivers on I490 have large NY Yankee stickers on their SUV's?

4 comments:

  1. those stickers were placed there by irate DMV workers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very unfair statement and it angers me. I am a very rude driver and I don't have a sticker or an SUV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also noticed that most of the rude drivers have NY plates! Every driver I've seen with Alaska plates has been a polite and careful driver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guessing you are a Yankee fan?

    ReplyDelete