Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Five Hours +

How do you spend a sick day?

Well, if you aren't too sick, the new preferred method is to ride indoors while watching Coach Troy's Spinerval 100 mile tape. Only 3 dvd's are needed to get through this 5-5:25 hour workout.

Jan insisted for two days this is what I wanted and we would be riding in the basement on Monday. I said, "no, how about 3 hours"? Jan said, "no, you are doing the whole thing with me." "how about 4 hours"? Jan said, "stop whining and get on the bike."

Jan rode 102 miles, I made it less, much less, but then my trainer used to be in the Flintstone's stone age house. Also she is a much better biker. One set of intervals (after 3 1/2 hours of riding) is 12x3 minutes and the second minute of each repetition you stand and pedal in a hard gear. I could do about 15 seconds, Jan did them all.

She is a showoff.

2 comments:

  1. Please see me in my office when you come back to work. Your Boss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, this is the Augie plan of training, don't knock it. Augie, are you out there? Help.

    ReplyDelete