Monday, May 23, 2016

Pasta & Bean Recipe

A few nights ago I wasn't sure what side dish to make to go along with the hamburgers I was cooking for dinner. In our pantry were four cans of chili beans so I figured there must be something I could do with them besides the standard chili?

I found some rotini pasta and wondered why I couldn't just mix the two of them together? But do I make it a cold dish or heat it? I wasn't sure yet. As the pasta was cooking it seemed more flavors were needed. I found a can of seasoned diced tomatoes and added them. After draining the pasta I mixed everything together and ended up with a casserole dish filled with enough servings for six people.

I think it was fairly healthy though and leftovers came in handy for a second night's dinner and lunch for work!

My inexact recipe is; 1 can drained, diced tomatoes. 1 can chili beans. 1/2 box pasta (rotini tasted fine to us), a dash of cumin, sea salt, fresh ground pepper, sliced red and yellow peppers. A generous sprinkling of cheddar cheese over the top. I covered the dish with foil and baked it at 375 for about 30 minutes. Even Jan ate it so it must have tasted okay.
Nutritional values? High carbs, some protein, a scattering of fat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment