Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Skyfall & Daniel Craig

Last week Jan and I had the opportunity to watch the new James Bond movie, Skyfall. We went to a mantinee, on a Monday, and were the youngest people in the theatre. I'm not sure 56 and 53 is really young anymore, especially now that we are grandparents. It was nice to ponder about how this could be life in our retirement years.

The movie was excellent, lots of action and usual Bond intrigue. Without giving away too much, a lot of references were made to Bond movies of the 1960's, when Sean Connery was the star. I remembered being eight years old (yes eight, it was a different era) and my Mom dropping me off at the Strand theatre in Brockport so I could go watch Goldfinger. The theatre was packed but I found a seat down near the front and was enthralled with the Bond series from then on.

Now Daniel Craig plays James Bond and I love his portrayal. Actually, Craig as Bond reminds me of ...me! Why? I can think of ten reasons!

1. Craig's close cropped hairdo.
2. Bond runs a lot in this film. I run a lot.
3. Bond swims for exercise in Skyfall. I swim for exercise.
4. Craig's Bond is a bit morose. I have been known to be morose.
5. Craig chooses his words carefully before speaking and really doesn't talk much. I have been told I don't talk much either, though admittedly when I do my choice of words isn't always good.
6. Craig's upper body, biceps, chest, abs, are well developed. Some day I hope mine are, but I realize time may be running out for that dream.
7. The Bond series has been going on in the movies for fifty years. I have been alive for around fifty plus years.
8. James Bond is based on books by Ian Fleming. I like to read books.
9. Bond enjoys a good drink, such as Martinis or Scotch. I recently developed a taste for good Scotch.
10. Bond has a magic touch with women, I have a magic touch with one woman, which is enough for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment