Thursday, January 12, 2012

Work Attitude 2012

1. When in doubt, keep quiet.
2. You have no influence here.
3. Offer few or no suggestions for improvements, people in power don't really care anyhow.
4. Use sick days strategically for mental health recovery from work related stress. My times of going years without using a sick day are done.
5. Yes, I'm supposed to be grateful for having a job, or two. Being employed doesn't give the employer the right to abuse workers just because the economy is struggling.
6. Each month that passes adds approximately $150/year to my future retirement pension income. Stay six months, that's $900+ per year more for the rest of my life. Stay alive 20 years after retirement, that's $18,000 which will buy a lot of running shoes.
7. Work, go home, forget this place (easier written than done).
8. When the question is asked, "how is everything today", the reply is "my home life is great".
9. Exercise is a great stress reliever, or should be. Hence I run, bike, swim, lift weights.
10. Not sure what to do? Always revert back to rule number one.

No comments:

Post a Comment