Monday, January 9, 2012

Global Warming?

Typically we have over 40 inches of snow by now (January 9), this season we have had about 7 inches. It's amazing. This Wednesday the temperature is going up to near 50 again. Is it global warming, a freak of nature, El Nino taking over for the year or the fact I spent $200 getting my snowblower ready for winter?

Even the weather people don't know for sure. Here is what I do know about this "winter".

1. I may have to cut my grass and weeds are growing in my gardens.
2. Buds are out on many trees, causing allergy symptoms in many people at a time of year in the north where the pollen is usually non-existent.
3. If you are running and need a bathroom (woods) there are no tree leaves or undergrowth to provide coverage from passerbys. This can present problems.
4. No snowshoeing opportunities.
5. Driving is much better. If I didn't have to commute to work the snow could come down in bucketfuls and I wouldn't care. This year, so far, we haven't had to worry.
6. There hasn't been a day yet where we couldn't run on the canal path.

2 comments:

  1. It's the Obama plan. Redistribution of warm weather. Those people in Texas and New Mexico have had it warm long enough. 99% of us are tired of freezing six months of the year. I'm going to organize Spencerports barefoot runners. We'll petition congress to power up all those windmills in the South West and blow that warm air up here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have easy solution for global warming (at least in U.S.) Change from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Problem solved

    ReplyDelete