Monday, September 12, 2011

The Vault

"What's said on the canal path, stays on the canal path". It's written in the by-laws which was signed by all the original members of Sals.

Similar to Seinfeld, when something is put in the vault, it's supposed to stay in the vault. Unfortunately, if you have a Bourbon tasting party, things can pop out of the vault rather quickly.

There's a Seinfeld episode where Elaine says, “You can tell me. I’ll put it in the vault.”
Jerry “No good. Too many people know the combination.” He then makes a motion with his hand as if having a drink.
Elaine protests, but later — naturally — we find out Jerry was right. Elaine can’t keep a secret when she’s drinking. And Elaine enjoys a drink.

Simply substitute Jerry for MW and Elaine for Lou.
Lou - "You can tell me Mike, it's in the vault".
Mike - "No good, too many people know the combination"
Lou protests and Mike gives the secret idea he has. (I can't share it because that would be opening the vault).

Later that night within seconds of having his first taste of Four Roses Single Barrel Bourbon, Lou opens the vault!

Kramer (MW): Look, I can't say anything. You know, the guy told me the stuff in
confidence, I'd be betraying a friend.

Jerry (Lou): Well you can't just mention it and then not tell me.

Kramer (MW): Alright. I'll tell you but you can't say anything to him.

Jerry (Lou): I'm not saying anything, I'm putting it in the vault, I'm locking the
vault, it's a vault!

Later, at the Bourbon Party:
Jerry (Lou): Yeah, but I can't say anything because Kramer wasn't supposed to tell
me.

Elaine (Joanne and others): Oh, you have to say something.

Jerry (Lou): I can't, I told Kramer (Mike) I was vaulting it.

Elaine (Joanne...): You gotta open the vault.

Jerry (Lou): Open my vault?

Elaine (Joanne...): Open your vault.

Jerry (Lou): Once I open the vault, it ceases to be a vault.

Elaine (Joanne...): You have no choice.

Jerry (Lou): Oy ga-vault.

2 comments:

  1. You can strain spaghetti in Lou's vault. MW

    ReplyDelete
  2. giving me bourbon is like giving Jim Ignatowski a hit of pot.

    ReplyDelete