Monday, August 8, 2011

Recommendations

Just like dentists in toothpaste commercials, four out of five McCulloughs agree running is good for you. Unfortunately our youngest daughter, Stacy, has yet to be fully convinced, though we tried to trick her into it by having her fitted at Fleet Feet sports when she was here last week visiting.



Alas, it appears her fashion sense took over and she went for color over caring whether they would help her run. It is still a victory that we got her in the store though and on a treadmill to have her running form analyzed.



Of course our oldest daughter, Andrea, began running in the last few months for money motives. She is a lab rat, having joined an experiment at UAB to get her vitals checked, blood taken, etc. before, during and after exercising, either by running or biking indoors.



Andrea joined Amanda, Jan and I on the track last week. It was 80+ degrees and the dew point was over 65. Andrea thought these were cool temperatures and ran in long sweat pants and a long sleeve shirt.



Amanda has switched her training and plans to kick her mom's butt at the Race With Grace 10k in November. I have to admire this plan and will be trying to do the same!

2 comments:

  1. Only long pants, I wore a t-shirt on top. And it was beautiful! Just wait until I take you running in Alabama in a few weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I never said running isn't good for you. It just isn't good for me, mentally. It would leave Chris with one VERY angry wife.

    2. As important as my fashion statements are, I did get the shoes Nate said worked best for my feet. I was just lucky and they happened to have some fuchsia. Point to remember: function can still be pretty.

    ReplyDelete