Monday, July 18, 2011

Shoreline Triathlon

The Shoreline Multisport Festival is Saturday, July 23 and Sunday the 24th. Saturday is your choice of a 5k or 13.1 mile race. Look for Sals members MW and Pete "Father Time" in the half. Jan may run, or may not. I will be working at the race.
Sunday is the sprint triathlon, a 1/2 mile swim in the calm waters of Lake Ontario, 15.7 mile bike ride on the flat roads of Hamlin, and a 4 mile run near the shore of the lake. Rumor has it Lou, he with the newly shaved face after 30+ years with a beard, is doing the tri. Unfortunately for Lou, shaving won't be enough as I plan on beating him.
My guess is we will come out of the water close to one another, he will beat me in transition (why can't we have wetsuit pull off volunteers?), I will gain a slight advantage on the bike (if there are no flats), he will catch me in transition and I will crush him on the run.

2 comments:

  1. Top 10 reasons Lou will beat Mike.
    Lou is on much friendlier terms withhis wetsuit.

    Mike's numerous nervous issues.

    I will employ psychological tactics on the way to the race.

    Something may happen to Mike's bike.

    Something may happen to Mike's running shoes.

    Something may happen during Mike's "pre race rituals"

    THe temp will be over 50 degrees.

    Lou is registered as a 60 year old. "Father Time Lite"

    Volunteers for the race that are working for Lou.

    Mike is planning on winning.When does Mike's plans ever pan out?

    ReplyDelete