Friday, December 3, 2010

Why Snow is Good?

Snow on December 1st in Rochester, how appropriate. Fortunately we only got 2-4 inches, not the 35 inches in West Seneca, NY. If we got that much I would have cleared a spot in the front yard and placed the "For Sale" sign up, put the Explorer in 4-wheel drive and headed south!

But, there must be some good things about snow, right? How about Ten Reasons?

10. Buffalo was shut down for two days. Who wants to go to Buffalo anyhow?
9. Time to really think about snowshoe racing season. I run just as fast wearing snowshoes as I do on clear roads, so why not?
8. I made snowmen that look like Mike and Lou in my front yard. Scares the neighborhood kids.
7. People can't drive. Expressway traffic gets backed up more than usual. This gives me more time to reflect on life while stuck on I390.
6. The Fleet Feet Snowcheap series begins on December 15th at Cobb's Hill Park. Lots of fun on the dark trails of Rochester!
5. Snowshoe racing throughout New York state. Check these three websites, ESSRA, USSSA and Roads are Poison.
4.Jan loves to shovel the driveway.
3. What could be more fun than wearing boots, gloves, thick socks, heavy winter coat, goofy hats from snowshoe racing, a scarf and snowpants?
2. Who doesn't love to slip and slide while running on the roads?
1. Another reason to run on my treadmill in the basement and catch up on all the wonderful television programs available through cable tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment