Thursday, March 17, 2016

Little Bitty

One of country music's biggest stars, Alan Jackson, has a song called "Little Bitty". Jackson sings about how it's okay to be from a small town, with a small house and you can still be happy. 

I bring this up because Itty Bitty is what I saw yesterday while swimming at the MCC pool. The pool is open M-F from 12:00-1:50 and like most pools in this area it's a crap shoot as to when it will be busy. When I walked into the pool area at 12:15 it was packed. Every lane was full and lane one had two people in it. This was quite unusual. So I sat on the bench not sure what to do. I'm always hesitant about going up to a stranger and asking to share their lane. After a few minutes the lifeguard made a young woman from lane two move over into lane one so I could have a lane. I told the guard she didn't have to do that, but she said they wouldn't care.

The female swimmers were from the MCC swim team and really fast. One of them could use the kickboard and go down the lane faster than me. I grabbed my buoy and swam a 1:38 for 100yds, my fastest ever, and still couldn't keep up. 

About ten minutes later a couple of male team members came to swim. One dove into my lane (without even asking, the nerve!) and swam like a dolphin. I hated him immediately. As he was diving in I caught a glimpse of his suit, which covered about this much of his body;



Talk about Itty Bitty! Really? We weren't in a meet, was this really necessary? More reasons to hate him, young, with hair on his head, looking good in a tiny suit and fast. I tried to swim faster, with and without the buoy, I couldn't come close to staying up with him, especially with his flip turns. I did outlast him though, or he got tired of swimming in a lane with the old guy, as he moved over after a few laps with his teammates. I wonder if Jackson would approve of this Little Bitty suit?


3 comments:

  1. If he really looked like that, he's approved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if he looked exactly like that, but the suit was that small or even smaller. With my scratched up goggles and slightly blurry vision from afar I don't know if he was what you would call "hot".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgotten is generally strong, creative people magic, they will be like nature, like forgetting that nature do not know what is the fault of the weak is not the pain as a former correctional lessons Mi after, but in pain a living, immersed in it every day Recalling the past, suffering, torture yourself.
    ____________________________
    I find a funny game,let'go!
    But I even have this higher, you'll take a look: Cheap RS Gold and http://www.rsgoldfast.com/

    ReplyDelete