Wednesday, February 12, 2014

When I'm Sixty-Four?

To honor the original Beatles invasion of United States way back in February of 1963 and Mike and Lou, I re-arranged the lyrics of that classic song, "When I'm Sixty-Four". My lyrics also pay homage to the winter Olympics and Valentine's Day.

Go ahead and and sing along. Really, who will know?

When it gets colder, say down to minus four,
Will you still be letting me go outside?
If I'd been out running ‘til six am, would you let me inside?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm frozen to the core?
You'll be colder too, after running on snowshoes,
Ah, and if you say the word, I could get warm with you


I could look dandy, wearing my skinny tights
When I go running down the road in the morning light,

You could admire me from behind
Waving at me as I go by, while you sit at the fireside.  

Sunday mornings, we go for a ride
Doing the grocery shopping, eating at the local IHOP, who could ask for more?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm sixty-four?
Every night we can watch the Olympics
Bob Costas with his red-eye disease from drinking too much Russian tea,
Curling’s my new favorite pick, I just need a broomstick,
Didn’t the Canucks invent this sport?
Ah, with Teddy on my lap, who says I’m portly?


Send me a Tweet, drop me an e-card, stating point of view
Indicate precisely what you mean to say, you’re sincerely wasting away
Give me your answer, fill in a form, mine forever more
Will you still need me, will you still feed me, when I'm frozen to the core?

No comments:

Post a Comment