Friday, December 20, 2013

2013 in Review

This was not a banner year for reaching the athletic goals I set up for 2013.

1. Run a 5k averaging under 7 minute/mile pace. My best was 22:53 at Medved Father's Day race, though I did get first in my age group in the Mutt Strut 5k in Alabama.
2. Run a 10k under 45 minutes. Not even close, ran one 10k in January, 48:09.
3. Lose 6 lbs. I gained 3, but I'm sure it's all muscle.
4. Bench press 200lbs 4x in a row on my home gym (200 is the most weight on the gym). I made this one, benching 200 5x in late November. I couldn't bench 190 when the year started.
5. Commute by bicycle to work an average of 1x/week from April - October. Maybe averaged 2x a month.
6. Beat Amanda and Jan on a virtual tour across the USA from Spencerport to Beaverton, Oregon, 3,000 miles. None of us have come close to that many miles yet. Jan is in Nebraska, I'm in Iowa and Amanda is in Illinois.
7. Perhaps the most disappointing goal not reached; Beat MW in races. This did not happen once, not even close.

One personal positive? I am 114/142 in the USA duathlon national rankings for the 55-59 age group. Not really sure how that happened.

Eileen was 34/62 for females in her age group national duathlon rankings!

No comments:

Post a Comment