Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sunday, Buffalo Bills

I grew up a staunch Baltimore Colts fan. No, not the Ravens, not Indianapolis. The Baltimore Colts, Johnny Unitas one of the greatest quarterbacks in history, many other all-pros. As a kid I could name all 50+ players on the team each year, bench warmers and starters.

Then a greedy owner decided it was better to move the team to Indy. WTF. I was crushed. Now who do I cheer for? The Buffalo Bills. It's a form of torture, self-abuse. After the first game this season, a horrible loss to the Jets in which it appeared the Bills could've cared less about playing, I decided that was it. I was no longer going to waste three hours every Sunday watching these losers. With this goal I made a list this morning of what I could do instead and have been checking things off.

1. Fix curtain rods in sunroom.
2. Wash my wife's car, vacuum it and check fluids.
3. Take inventory of my running shoes, clean them and organize.
4. Begin the long project of cleaning all the windows in my house.
5. Bake some apple crisp.
6. Begin the gigantic Sunday crossword puzzle.
7. Finish the photo and written inventory of household goods in case of nuclear attack.
8. Continue reading Biggest Loser trainer Bob Harper's book, "The Skinny Rules".
9. Eat a relaxing lunch without fretting over the game.
10. Follow my fantasy football team (yes, I'm one of those people, I don't play computer games, never really enjoyed pinball machines, but being a pretend football owner is fun).

My wife watches the Bills. She is a more devoted fan than me, so I'm not completely done with them, but Sunday with Buffalo is not going to rule my time.

1 comment:

  1. Keep up this routine! Since they actually won the last game, this must be the magic trick. Similar to having the Buffalo Troll stolen from us when we were young if the team started to play badly and handed off to the next kid or left alone on the tv, you must keep the routine up while the going is good! And just think how clean everything will be by the end of the season with all those wins due to your cleaning! :)

    ReplyDelete