Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Weekend of Races

Dick W. and Frank Q participated in the Spring Classic Duathlon at Mendon Ponds on Saturday. Frank won his age group and Dick finished second in the Formula 1 distance, 2m run/10m bike/1m run/10m bike/2 mile run. They were led around the bike course by an excellent lead driver (me).

Saturday was also the Aurora House 5 mile race in Spencerport. Mike W and Al V. finished way up in the standings with 46 runners in the race. It was a tight race between the two training buddies until MW stopped for a Barton's Hot Dog at the 3 mile point. MW still came close to catching Al but had some indigestion from the extra hot sauce he lathered on his dog.

Sunday was the third race in the RROY series, the Lilac 10k. New Roger (Roger O'Dell) won his age division with Pete in second place. Jen K. picked up a few points and finished in the top 10% of her age group, 6th place. Jan finished 9th in her group and got 2 points. I finished the race. So glad I didn't work as much as usual at the Duathlon on Saturday so I could run 4 minutes slower than expected. I was able to continue my streak of non-scoring in this year's RROY series with my 12th place age group finish.
I think the heat (70+ degrees at the start) and high humidity effected many runners. Going up Elmwood Avenue felt like running inside an oven, no shade, little breeze, hot roads. I thought it would never end.

No comments:

Post a Comment