Monday, February 16, 2009

Maniac

"She's a maniac, maniac for triathlons
And she's training like she never trained before
She's a maniac, maniac on the bike
And she's biking like she never biked before"

Jan and I spent the morning after Valentine's Day riding to Coach Troy's three hour excursion of the Lake Placid IM course. I was tired when we were done. But, there was running to do. Of course, why not? We only worked out three hours! Did I mentioned being exhausted?

So we trudged outdoors, Jan bopping along like a rabbit down toward the village, dragging the anchor that was me, along behind. I could not stay up with her and she was not going to slow down. Damn her. It was like running with Frank Q, except instead of one step ahead she was 10-20 yards.

We completed about 5 miles and the remainder of my day was spent lumbering around in my pj's, staying close to the tv and couch. Jan kept moving, but agreed not to workout any more.

1 comment:

  1. Jan, you are my hero. Mike, unfortunetly you remind me of me! Lou

    ReplyDelete